Monday, March 17, 2008

How I Survived Middle School Book?

Don't you just love it when you to get to take a little part of the story before you read a book? Maybe a page or 2? The introduction on the back of the book stinks, doesn't it? But i just finished reading the last book of How I Survived Middle School, and boy, that whole collection is TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!!!! But when i read the back, it stinks like chopped liver. I'll give you a sample from "How I Survived Middle School Can You Get an F in Lunch?" Book 1. This is what it says in the back of the book.
After taking the http://www.middleschoolsurvival.com/ quiz and studying the Joyce Kilmer Middle School Handbook, Jenny McAfee feels totally prepared to start 6 grade. But Jenny has another reason to feel confident. She'll have her best friend, Addie Wilson, right by her side.
When Jenny and Addie meet at their lockers the next morning, Jenny finds out that Addie has other plans-and they didn't include her. Could Addie really be ditching her for the Pops- the coolest 7 graders in school?

And this is a page from the middle of the book... or maybe a paragraph
"Maybe you can eat over at my house , and then my dad could drive us." I suggested trying not to hurt her feelings. I figured it had taken a lot for her to ask me to go with her. She was so shy.
"Okay." Liza replied,"I'll ask my mom."
So... um... are any of your other friends going to the dance?" Josh piped up nervously.
"You mean you like Felicia." Chloe teased him.
Josh bit his lip. His cheeks turned redder than the tomato in his sandwich.
"I didn't mean anyone special." Josh murmured. " I just thought that Jenny might have friends from her old school, and you can never have enough friends."
"Yeah right."Chloe said laughing. "Whatever you say, Josh."
"I think Felicia and my friend Rachel are going to the dance." I glanced over at the Pops table. I'm pretty sure Addie and Dana are going to the dance, too. But I didn't say anything about it. After all, Josh only asked about my friends.
"Oh, okay." Josh said, trying to sound like he didn't notice I had said Felicia was going to the dance. He wasn't very successful. The smile on his face gave it away. I couldn't wait to tell Felicia!

That's why you always have to think about how the story will go, instead of just reading the back and saying "boring" and discard it!
P.S. the middleschoolsurvival.com is a true web!

P.P.S. If you appear to know how to REALLY make a link, could you PLEASE teach me HOW!
Thank You

No comments: